- Veterinary pet insurance from Trupanion, a Seattle based company.
If your domestic flight requires a health certificate, please note this requires an extended exam with one of our veterinarians. Pet travel regulations are often airline and destination-specific so it is wise to initiate the process well in advance of your trip.
Due to the challenges posed by complex paperwork, ever-changing requirements, and narrow time windows between USDA certification and travel, we are no longer able to provide Hawaii or international travel certificates. We strongly recommend you coordinate with a pet travel agency to facilitate your travel and ensure all requirements and paperwork are fulfilled and processed smoothly.
Here are some client-recommended agencies:
Island Pet Movers (Hawaii only)
All Pet Travel (International & Hawaii)
Happy Tails Travel, Inc. (International & Hawaii)
Our team will proudly assist you with fulfilling some of the possible requirements for travel, such as microchipping, vaccinations, and/or titer testing. You, or, ideally, your pet travel agency, are responsible for determining when these requirements need to be completed and ensuring they are scheduled in a timely manner. We are always willing to provide previous records to the attending veterinarian.
PET LOSS & GRIEVING
- Information and contact numbers for the Washington State University Pet Loss Hotline.
- Resting Waters: Resting Waters is a heart-based business that provides pet owners an alternative form of disposition of their cherished companion animals after they pass away, through the careful application of alkaline hydrolysis.
- Our resource page also provides information. Our veterinarians are here to help you during this very difficult time.
CAREERS IN VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Information on veterinary colleges in the United States.
- Information on the College of Veterinary Medicine at Washington State University (Go Cougs!)
- PIMA Medical Institute offers programs for veterinary assistants and licensed veterinary technicians.
- Information on the Veterinary Technician program at Pierce College.